One of the most common body aches is neck pain. Your neck muscles become strained due to poor posture, whether from hunching over a desk or workbench. But neck pain could likewise be caused by osteoarthritis and injury. If neck pain is affecting your daily life, you can consult with Dr. Donna Watson here at A Place of Health Chiropractic in Fort Lauderdale FL. She can determine what’s causing your neck pain and recommend suitable treatments for it. Just talk to your neck pain Fort Lauderdale specialist today!
What’s Causing My Neck Pain?
The neck is very flexible and is responsible for supporting your head’s weight, so it is susceptible to conditions and injuries that restrict motion and cause pain. In this light, common neck pain causes typically include the following:
- Muscles Strains: This involves overuse of the neck muscles, such as spending prolonged hours hunching over your smartphone or computer. Even seemingly harmless things like gritting your teeth or reading in bed could strain your delicate neck muscles.
- Injuries: Auto collisions cause whiplash injuries that happen when your head is jerked forcefully backward and forward.
- Nerve Compression: Bone spurs or herniated disks in your neck’s vertebrae place pressure on nerves that branch out from your spine.
- Worn Joints: Like all joints in the body, the neck joints also wear down as you age. For instance, osteoarthritis results in the cartilage between the bones to deteriorate. The body then develops bone spurs that cause pain and impact joint motion.
- Certain Diseases: These include rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, and meningitis, among others.
What are The Common Symptoms of Neck Pain in Fort Lauderdale?
- Pain that’s worsened when holding the head in one position for extended periods, like when working at a desk or driving
- Muscle spasms and tightness
- Reduced ability to properly move the head without pain
When Should I Visit My Doctor?
In most cases, neck pain resolves with rest and at-home remedies. Otherwise, visit your neck pain Fort Lauderdale specialist for a thorough examination. Likewise, get immediate help if your neck pain is due to an injury, like a fall, sporting accident, or an auto accident. You should also seek urgent care if your pain comes with weakness or numbness in the hands or arms or pain that radiates down the shoulder and arm.
Need Relief from Neck Pain, Talk to Us
Call (954) 568-9355 to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Donna Watson here at A Place of Health Chiropractic in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Chiropractic wellness care has always been a critical element of health, but as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our lives – even as restrictions begin to ease – chiropractic is more essential than ever.
Here are three reasons why you should be making an appointment (either in person or via telemedicine, depending on what's available right now in your area) with your chiropractor today:
1. You've been ignoring pain: And you're not the only one. With stay-at-home orders in place for the past few months, most health care facilities have closed their doors to all but emergency cases. Unfortunately, pain isn't generally regarded as an emergency, particularly not things like back pain, neck pain, headaches, etc. At the same time pain services have been limited, more people have likely experienced pain, and for several reasons: stress, inactivity, improper remote work set-up, etc. That means many people have been putting up with pain – or popping pills for temporary relief that doesn't address the underlying cause.
If you haven't experienced any pain, you should still make an appointment with your chiropractor, especially if you have a history of back pain. That's because research suggests maintenance care – periodic visits to your chiropractor, even when you aren't experiencing pain – reduces the number of days you'll be bothered by the pain: nearly 13 fewer days a year.
2. Immune support matters: COVID-19 is opening people's eyes to a few realities. First, your immune system is pretty powerful. In fact, it's constantly defending the body against attack by all sorts of viruses and other invaders. Most of the time, it's very good at its job. But if you're old, sick or otherwise immunocompromised, you risk experiencing complications from viral invasion — as we've seen during the pandemic, and as we see with other viruses, such as the flu.
We're also hearing more about how nutrition can help fortify your immune system against COVID-19, influenza and many diseases overall. Vitamin C and D, zinc and other nutrients have been shown in numerous studies to boost immunity and in some cases, directly reduce the risk of respiratory illness and complications. Fortunately, nutritional recommendations are part of comprehensive chiropractic wellness care. Your chiropractor's job is to help unlock your body's healing, defending, thriving potential, and nutrition is one way to do it.
3. Wellness care is here to stay: Even while the world waits for the next drugs and vaccines, your chiropractor is endorsing natural, drug-free care that helps embolden your body – that wonderful creation designed to continually fight off illness and disease if properly nourished and supported. Whether chiropractic adjustments, nutrition, exercise recommendations, stress reduction or sleep wellness, your DC can help set you on a course for lasting health and wellness.
Discover drug-free, non-surgical ways to get your chronic pain under control.
According to the CDC, one in five people suffers from chronic pain. If your pain is impacting everything from your professional to personal life, it’s time that you found someone who can help you manage your pain. Our Ft. Lauderdale, FL, chiropractor Dr. Donna Watson offers safe, effective therapies and techniques catered to each patient and their individual needs.
Chiropractic care could be an effective solution for patients dealing with chronic pain caused by:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Headaches and migraines
- Joint dysfunction and muscle tension
When you come into our Ft. Lauderdale, FL, practice for an evaluation, our chiropractor will evaluate your spine and how it may be impacting the rest of your body. The goal is to discover the source of your pain if you’ve not received a diagnosis for your chronic pain yet. We also provide our patients with education on how everything from nutrition and lifestyle to stress management can improve symptoms and mobility.
Here at A Place of Health – Chiropractic we offer a variety of treatment options to manage your pain. These options include,
- Chiropractic care
- Physical therapy
- Cold laser therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Herbs and homeopathic medicine
- Tai Chi exercises
We also provide a wide range of chiropractic techniques including,
- Applied Kinesiology
- Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique (BEST)
- Full Spine
- Activator Method
- Cranial Release Technique (CRT)
- Thompson Technique
- Total Body Modification (TBM)
- Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
- Cox® Technic (Flexion-Distraction)
- Logan Basic/Logan Method
Once we’ve determined the cause of your pain, we can present our patients with a variety of strategies to help manage pain and improve functionality and mobility, as well as the quality of life.
Many people turn to us because they want to find drug-free strategies to help them get their pain under control, or they want to wean themselves off the medicine they are currently taking that has been providing only temporary relief. In situations where the pain is caused by a treatable physical ailment, we can provide comprehensive chiropractic care to get rid of the pain and help you heal faster.
Don’t let pain become the new norm. Our chiropractor, Dr. Donna Watson, and her team at A Place of Health – Chiropractic in Ft. Lauderdale FL, want to provide you with the customized care you need, whether you’re looking to bolster your current treatment plan or you’re looking for a completely new way to treat your pain. Call us at (954) 568-9355 to schedule an evaluation.
Here are some simple strategies to support and nurture a healthy immune system.
The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly changed our lives. Naturally, a lot of people are concerned about their health and want to find ways to bolster their immune system. Our Ft. Lauderdale, FL, chiropractor Dr. Donna Watson understands just how important it is for patients to stay healthy right now. Here are some immune-boosting tips that your whole family can follow,
Choose Unprocessed, Healthy Foods
While it might be tempting (and easy) just to reach for a bag of chips or other junk food just sitting in your pantry, most of these items aren’t going to do anything good for your health. In fact, they are probably only going to make things worse. With our busy lives on pause, now is the perfect time to discover healthy ways to cook and prepare meals. Opt for antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables such as berries, eggplant and spinach and say yes to vitamin C-rich foods such as kiwi, oranges and broccoli. A healthy diet should include the five food groups.
Yes, we know that people are also finding it more difficult to fall asleep these days; however, it’s important that every adult is getting at least 7-9 hours of good, quality sleep each night. Make sleep a priority and if you are having trouble sleeping you may want to talk to a professional. If your sleep is due to anxiety and stress, chiropractic treatment may be able to help.
Stress has a profoundly negative impact on our immune systems. While we know that many people are battling anxiety right now, it’s important to find outlets to help you relax and unwind to help the immune system doing its job. Many people are able to get stress under control through daily meditation (even just five minutes a day!), regular exercise and deep breathing. Also, acupuncture and regular chiropractic care have been shown to reduce stress and anxiety by releasing muscle tension and boosting circulation.
Get Regular Chiropractic Care
Did you know that a misaligned spine can cause a variety of other health issues? By realigning the spine, our Ft. Lauderdale, FL, chiropractor can help your body heal faster, release tension, boost immunity and help you get better sleep. In fact, regular chiropractic care can actually act as a form of preventive medicine.
A Place of Health – Chiropractic wants to provide you with honest, reliable and trustworthy chiropractic care here in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. If you are looking to schedule a session with our chiropractor, Dr. Watson, please call (954) 568-9355 to learn more.
Find out if you could benefit from getting acupuncture treatment in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Acupuncture is a very old healing technique that is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine that involves placing very fine needles into the skin to promote healing, boost your immune system and to improve how the body functions as a whole. There are many people who can benefit from getting acupuncture treatment from our Fort Lauderdale, FL, chiropractor Dr. Donna Watson. Here’s what acupuncture could do for you,
Manage Chronic Pain
Whether you are dealing with back pain due to poor posture or you are suffering from arthritis, chronic or persistent forms of pain should not go ignored. Acupuncture provides patients with a conservative and drug-free way to eliminate and manage their musculoskeletal pain on a long-term basis without worrying about side effects or complications.
Reduce Stress and Promote Relaxation
There are many reasons why people turn to acupuncture; however, one of the most common reasons is stress. Whether your stress is caused by serious life changes or a demanding job, acupuncture has been known to lower cortisol and elevate a person’s mood to help them feel more relaxed and anxiety-free. If you are struggling with your stress then acupuncture may be right for you.
Boost Your Immunity
Your immune system is always working hard to fend off certain infections. If you find that you are getting sick more often then you may want to consider getting routine acupuncture therapy. This alternative treatment can actually bolster the immune system and also reduce the length of your symptoms when you do have an infection such as a cold.
Alleviate Digestive Issues
Are you dealing with irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, constipation or other digestive problems? If so, acupuncture could actually help regulate the digestive tract to alleviate common gastrointestinal complaints. If you suffer from IBS, IBD, celiac disease or other issues, find out if acupuncture is right for you.
Help You Catch Some ZZZs
Do you find yourself tossing and turning most nights? Do you suffer from insomnia or other sleep problems that make it difficult to get the shuteye you deserve? If so, you may want to talk to our chiropractor about getting a regular acupuncture treatment. Not only do some patients say that acupuncture helps them feel more energized and reduces brain fog, but it can also help you feel more relaxed and promote deeper and more restful sleep.
Are you interested in getting acupuncture in Fort Lauderdale, FL? If so you’ll want to schedule a consultation with Dr. Watson to find out if this is the right treatment option for you. Call A Place of Health Chiropractic today to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.