How your chiropractor can help you recover from an auto accident
If you’ve ever been in a car accident, you know how you can feel afterward. It feels as if you’ve been hit with a hammer all over your body. Thanks to airbags and seat belts you will suffer far less injury in a car crash today than a few decades ago. Still the effects of a car crash on your body are substantial. Dr. Donna Watson at A Place of Health in Fort Lauderdale, Florida wants to help you recover from your auto accident.
There are different types of car accidents, resulting in different injuries. Consider:
- A front crash, which can injure your chest and lower limbs even if you are wearing a seatbelt; without a belt, you can suffer severe head and facial damage.
- A side crash, which can injure your chest, lower limbs, head and abdomen, including your internal organs
- A rear crash, which can injure your chest, head, neck and spine
It’s important to always wear your seatbelt, even if you are just going to the grocery store. If you do get in a car accident, go and see Dr. Watson, even if you feel fine initially. You can have tissue damage, swelling, muscle pain, stiffness and loss of motion that may not show up for a few days.
You can try some home remedies such as:
- Resting for at least the first 24 hours after your accident
- Ice or heat application for 15 minutes several times per day
- Over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
- Simple, gentle stretching exercises like rolling your shoulders, tilting your head, and rotating your body
Dr. Watson can use several effective treatments to make you feel better, including:
- Massage; applying gentle pressure to relieve tension, swelling and pain
- Manipulation; applying targeted pressure to affected joints to improve range-of-motion and joint function
- Electrical Stimulation; applying slight electrical pulses to injured areas, to increase blood flow and reduce stiffness and pain
You don’t have to deal with the effects of a car crash alone when help is just a phone call away. If you are in a car accident, call Dr. Donna Watson at A Place of Health in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Call today and feel better tomorrow!