The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. Our team of chiropractic professionals empower patients to take charge of your own health and future, educating you about your condition to decrease your need for future care. We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable, practical wellness information which you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to contact our practice at any time to make an appointment with one of our chiropractors.
- What is Chiropractic
- Your First Visit
- Chiropractic Techniques and Tools
- Types of Therapies
- When to Seek Care
- Types of Pain
- Key Body Structures and Terms
- Health Tips
- General Prevention Tips
- As You Get Older
- Spinal Health and Pregnancy
- Sports/Recreation Injury Prevention
- Children's Needs
Largely because of the physical and hormonal changes to their bodies, many pregnant women can experience various kinds of back pain.
Here's a look at some of the kinds of pain pregnant women are prone to:
- Coccyx (tailbone) pain
- Groin pain
- Pelvic pain (which usually begins during pregnancy, but typically during the end of the final trimester).
- Pubic pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain (the sacroiliac joint connects the sacrum, or triangular bone at the bottom of the spine, with the pelvis, or iliac bone).
- Upper leg pain