Dr. Donna Watson
Chiropractor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
A Place of Health
Dr. Donna Watson is a native Floridian born in Coral Gables and grew up in Dade and Broward Counties. When Dr. Watson was 15 years of age, she was very involved in competitive sports and became an accomplished athlete. During this time, she was involved in a car accident that didn't appear to be detrimental at the time.
However, many months later Dr. Watson was in so much pain that she could not continue with her workouts. After being taken to "The Best" orthopedic in town, she was informed that nothing could be done do to fix her problem. At that point, she decided she could not let go of her passion of sports and looked for another option.
Realizing that something needed to happen differently, Dr. Watson's mother took to her to an older gentleman who was called a "chiropractor". He also was a practicing acupuncturist, which was very rare back then. Within two weeks, she was free of all pain and began competing again within a very short time. Strongly impacted by this area of medicine, she then vowed to become a chiropractor so that she could give people a chance for a pain-free life in very much the same way she gained back her spinal health by the now deceased Dr. Bailey.
Dr. Watson realized that dream and became a licensed chiropractor in 1994 and started A Place of Health Chiropractic in Fort Lauderdale and Broward County in 1996. She has won many awards for excellence year after year and has grown her large holistic and integrated chiropractic practice. When asked why she thinks she achieved such success, her answer is "Once you know what it feels like to be a patient, it makes you listen differently when you become a doctor". Dr. Watson adds, "I have been there, I really understand and care about each patient as an individual person. No one is being rushed in and out of my office. All of my patients get 100% of my attention and 100% of my commitment to help heal them from whatever their healthcare issue is. That's what I would expect if I were the one sitting on the doctor's table looking for help".
- Florida Chiropractic Physician Association
- Florida Chiropractic Association
- Florida Chiropractic Society
- Broward County Chiropractic Society
- Kiwanis Broward County
- Ft. Lauderdale Chamber Commerce
- Broward Professional Group
- Business Network International
- Member American Association of Integrative Medicine
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, Life Chiropractic College, 1994
- Board Certified in Acupuncture, 2000
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, 2006
- Diplomate in Acupuncture, 2000
- Bachelors of Science, Regents College, 1990
- Licenses & Certifications
- State of Florida Chiropractic License, January 1996
- State of Florida Board Certified in Acupuncture, 2000
- Nationally Board Certified in Naturopathic Medicine, 2009
- Board Certified In Integrative Medicine, 2009
- State of New York Chiropractic License, June 1994
- State of Florida Certified Workers Compensation Doctor, 1996
- Awards Received
- 2009 Through 2019 "America's Top Chiropractors" from Consumers Research Council of America
- 2014 Through 2020 "America's Best Chiropractors" from the National Consumers Advisory Board.
- Fort Lauderdale "Best Chiropractor 2009 through 2020" - "Hall of Fame” from U.S. Commerce Association
- 2015 Honored as one of the "100 Most Outstanding Women in Broward County" by the Boys and Girls Club of America
- 2018 SFGN Awarded "Out50 Broward County"- Animal Activist
- 2009 Hopes Heros award by Broward House
- The 2008 Chiropractor of the year - "New Times Magazine"
- Life College Clinic Excellence Award
- Deans List Fourteen Quarters Life Chiropractic College
- Life Chiropractic College, Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Regents College, Graduated Highest Honors
- Research Assistantship, Life College
- Applied Kinesiology
- Bio Energetic Syncronization Technique
- Full Spine
- Cranial Release Technique
- Totaly Body modification
- Upper Cervical
- Logan Basic
- Continuing Education
- Diplomate Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Workers comp seminars for certification
- Erhart X-ray Seminar Series
- Applied Kinesiology 100 Hrs Twice
- Total Body Modification Basic and Advanced
- Bio-energetic Synchronization Basic and Advanced
- Logan Basic Seminars
- Extremity Adjusting / Sports Medicine
- Sports Physiology
- Yearly update on Laws and Rules and Ethics state of Florida C.P.R.
- Community Involvement
- Founder Dr Donna Pet Foundation a 501(c)(3) whos mission is to fight against animal abuse and promote animal welfare
We at A Place of Health believe in proactive versus reactive health care. Proactive healthcare works to identify and correct the underlying cause of illness. In contrast, reactive healthcare usually uses suppressive drugs and restricts itself to treatment of the symptoms, which only results in recurring, chronic conditions. To isolate the root cause of chronic pain and compromised health, Dr. Watson utilizes laboratory blood tests, salivary testing, and stool analysis when necessary to see why the body is not healing and why symptoms continue to occur or worsen in spite of repeated traditional efforts. In addition, Dr. Watson uses the best and most reliable laboratories ALCAT and ZRT to identify food allergies and environmental sensitivities and intolerance's not picked up by traditional blood testing.